NILU needs Senior Scientist Environmental Impact Assessment
There is an open position as a Senior Scientist Environmental Impact Assessment on environmental impact assessment at NILU- Norwegian Institute for Air Research, particularly focusing on the application of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to assess and minimise environmental impacts of technologies or systems. The position is permanent and it is affiliated to the Department of Environmental Impacts and Economics (IMPEC) at NILU.
The department has the responsibility for research and studies supporting the transition to a green economy, to minimise impacts on climate, the environment and health. This includes studying the interaction of energy production and industrial activity emissions with environmental pollution/protection and human health, for decision and policy support. The candidate is expected to contribute to the development and application of methods to determine the environmental footprint of various technologies or industrial processes.
As NILU is a non-governmental applied research foundation, the candidate is expected to contribute in project acquisition and to support the needs for undertaking various externally funded projects.
The applicant is expected to:
- Contribute to the department’s research on the assessment and mitigation of the environmental and carbon footprint of technologies or systems throughout the entire life cycle.
- Apply life cycle assessment (LCA) and other industrial ecology methods within different projects, for different technological systems.
- Perform emission inventorying and prognoses, with focus on industrial emissions to the atmosphere.
- Lead project acquisition and participate in national and international projects.
- Disseminate research results, including peer review publishing.
The following requirements to the applicant are relevant:
- PhD in a relevant field (e.g. chemical or environmental engineering, industrial ecology, environmental sciences);
- Experience in the use and interpretation of LCA and Material Flow Analysis (MFA);
- Experience in emission inventorying and preferable also in Cost- Benefit analysis;
- Experience with both independent and team based research;
- Experience with publication of scientific research in peer reviewed journals;
- Knowledge of industrial processes is an advantage;
- Experience in integrated environmental CCS chain assessment is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of English, both oral and written – knowledge of Norwegian, both oral and written, is an advantage.
We seek candidates with good communicating skills and willingness to take responsibility. Part of our projects is carried out in collaboration with national industry and companies, and therefore good skills in Norwegian will be an advantage. We have extensive collaboration with national and international research institutes and universities. International travel activities are to be expected as part of the work.
Details about NILU can be found at nilu.no. Informal enquiries about the available position can be directed to Research Director Cristina Guerreiro or Research Director Jozef Pacyna.
We perform background check in our recruiting process.
Applications including CV and copies of degrees/diplomas should be sent with ref number 88010053 as soon as possible and no later than 2017-01-31. Ansök via direktansökningsknapparna senast 2017-01-31 och ange att du sökt via Aktuell Hållbarhet.
Välkommen in med din ansökan senast 31 Januari 2017!