Business Sweden söker Director for International Sustainable Business
Are you our next Director for International Sustainable Business?
We are looking for an experienced leader with an exceptional drive and passion for global sustainability matters.
At Business Sweden we are convinced that Swedish knowledge, technologies, products and services can be a catalytic driver toward a more sustainable world. Swedish brands stand for quality and reliability and Swedish companies are sustainability frontrunners that we bring to meet global challenges. We invite international companies to join the Swedish quest in building tomorrow’s solutions for a better climate. We also believe that sustainability in companies’ international business drives revenue, profit and long-term competitiveness. Business Sweden is now taking a frontrunning position in bringing Swedish solutions to world markets and supports them in making sustainable international business. We are now looking for our Director for International Sustainable Business to lead our sustainability approach.
As our Director for International Sustainable Business you will be responsible for leading our promotional work in bringing Swedish technology to world markets, our support to companies in doing sustainable international business and guide our colleagues in being sustainable at work. You will operate in a dynamic, highly international environment where your role is to lead, connect and support across organisational and geographical boundaries – with customers and within Business Sweden.
- Promote Swedish solutions for a more sustainable world
Swedish solutions can contribute to a more sustainable world. We interact across world markets to bring Swedish knowledge and technologies, Swedish companies’ products, services and solutions to meet global challenges. You are expected to work closely with our Swedish leading experts, brands and companies in promotional initiatives and public events across world markets.
- Promote sustainability in international business
Sustainability in a company’s international business drives long-term revenue, profitability and competitiveness. We guide and advise companies on sustainable and responsible business conduct in their international expansion and to international organisations when investing and expanding in Sweden. Our focus areas are anti-corruption and human rights. You are expected to engage in public events, debates, seminars and roundtables and be a natural part of Business Sweden’s high level business delegations.
- Advisory in sustainable international business
Supporting companies in their sustainability challenges in international business is a key to success. You will lead the work in developing our services regarding sustainability in international business. You will engage in key projects such as new areas in sustainability, and advice in strategic large projects (High Potential Opportunities) and support the consultancy workforce in various projects regarding sustainability.
- Spokesperson in sustainability
You will act as our spokesperson on all sustainability matters. You are expected to handle a wide spectrum of media requests as well as initiate and drive PR activities related to sustainability.
- Sustainability at Business Sweden – Code of conduct
Being a frontrunner in promoting international sustainable business, we have to be leaders in sustainability ourselves. The internal sustainability work focuses anti-corruption, human rights and our own environmental impact and footprint. You will be responsible for Business Sweden’s Code of Conduct and actively guide our colleagues in a sustainable behaviour. You will also be responsible for our Sustainability report.
In this role you will report to the Executive Vice President – Strategy and Business Development and will regularly interact with our CEO, the Management Team and our offices in Sweden and abroad. You will also work closely with colleagues in our Legal department and our Communications team. Currently the Sustainability team consists of one Specialist and one Coordinator.
- Promote Swedish knowledge, technologies, products and solutions across world markets
- Promote sustainability in international business to Swedish companies in their international expansion and to foreign companies investing and expanding in Sweden
- Develop and ensure sustainability in all Business Sweden’s services to clients
- Develop, manage and ensure Business Sweden’s internal work in the sustainability field
- Lead the sustainability team and guide colleagues across the organisation
- Yearly publication of the Sustainability Report
Skills & Requirements
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of work experience
- High level proficiency in both written and spoken Swedish and English
- Experienced leader with the ability to engage people inside and outside the organisation
- Strong desire to contribute and make a difference in sustainability and business
- Experience and track-record from working with sustainability in international business, preferably in difficult and complex markets
- Experience from working with the government, public organisations or equivalent international bodies such as United Nations
- Comfortable and confident when handling and working with media
- Experience from interacting with high level business leaders and politicians – Swedish and international
Business Sweden offers a truly global workplace. We are small but strong teams with big responsibilities. We have a unique mandate assigned by the Swedish government and the private sector, that gives us exposure and exclusive access to networks and stakeholders all around the world. To fit into our organization, you need a lot of drive and energy and a collaborative way of working.
Welcome with your application!
Ansök via direktansökningsknapparna senast 2019-10-17 och ange att du sökt via Aktuell Hållbarhet.